Laughing at Myself
Tell me I’m not the only one! I do some pretty silly stuff but rather than learn from it and move on, I keep doing it. Most likely, it’s because these things are not harmful to anyone or me. A few of them make other people a wee bit crazy though – maybe that’s why I continue! ;) Read on and see for yourself. Hope I bring a smile (or two) to your face. :D
· Wait until I hear the low fuel light “ding” until I consider getting gas
(It’s a first warning. I know I have time. And isn’t that what the “E” is for?)
· Forget when to cook shrimp with the shell on and when to take it off
(Is it really that important? Doesn’t the shell hold in the moisture?)
· Stay up too late reading.
(This can’t be so bad. I’m reading! And the more you read the smarter you get!)
· Hit the snooze bar. Once, twice, sometimes three times.
(I hate that annoying beep, but I love another 7 minutes of sleep!)
· Get twisted up when putting on a front-close bra.
(Some days I don’t realize I did it for a few hours!)
· Wake up two hours before I need to leave the house only to make the last ten minutes a mad dash in order not to be late.
(I did this even before I had the boys!)
· Mix up baking soda and baking powder
(Why are so many baking ingredients white?)
· Put ketchup on my macaroni and cheese – even the fancy lobster kind
(Of course my favorite is my mom’s!)
· Mix up left and right and east and west when giving directions to others
(Be very glad GPS was invented if I have given you directions!)
· Can’t do math in my head
(Especially subtraction with regrouping and don’t dare ask me about percent!)
All of these things make me laugh. All of these things make me – ME! I hope you are able to take time each day and smile and laugh – especially at yourself!