Thursday, January 3, 2013

Hidden Toy Labels


            
            Santa Claus came. Santa Claus went.  He left quite a selection of toys behind.  The boys were overjoyed.  Jim and I are reeling from the new buzzers and buttons, directions and distractions, frustration and fun.  It seems, the toy manufacturers have forgotten to include a few labels in their quest to market these terrific toys.  It could be considered fine fin print, I guess.  Let me share my top five.
1.       Live action sound!  Guaranteed to hit a decibel level to grate on any adult within 50 feet.
2.      Hours of creative play!  Be sure to buy two of these because there will be battles with siblings.
3.      Some assembly required.  Have screwdrivers, hammers, and wrenches ready.  Present opening will be a bit delayed.
4.      Batteries included.  These batteries will only last a week so make sure you have backup.
5.      Requires xyz batteries.  You should take stock in Duracell or Energizer to get back a portion of what you will invest in this toy.

So, I’m sorry toy manufacturers.  I am on to you and I am spreading the word!  Adults everywhere, make sure you read the fine print, or at least read through the descriptive lines.
            Santa’s bounty has also completely overrun the boys’ already plentiful collection.  Therefore, Jim and I have been catapulted into Christmas cleanse mode.  I think we’ll start with anything that requites batteries! J

No comments:

Post a Comment